PRIMR24 Call for Planning Committee Members
PRIM&R is seeking member volunteers*
to serve on the PRIMR24 Conference Planning Committees—groups of subject matter experts that review session proposals and develop content for the PRIMR24 agenda. The deadline to apply is December 15, 2023
There are currently three planning committees:
*Number of slots vary based on existing member term limits. Based on past demand in this opportunity and our desire to ensure a diverse representation of people, professional roles, and institution types; we will not be able to accept all that apply.
- Human Subjects Research Content Planning Committee
- IACUC Content Planning Committee
- Institutional Leadership Planning Committee
Review the member job description* before applying
. In general, members are asked to:
- Attend weekly conference calls: Members are required to attend at least 80% of the 90-minute calls that take place between February and early June. Calls are often weekly, but, at times, members meet bi-weekly to allow time for work offline.
- Work offline with other members to review session proposals and create content:
- Determine plenary session topics: Committees brainstorm topics for between three and seven plenary sessions per committee. The plenary sessions are higher level sessions offering insight on ethical issues. Members determine topics, format, content, and speakers.
- Create the breakout and networking sessions: Members work in teams of two to create session content for two tracks. Content creation includes reviewing session proposals and prior year content, and suggesting new ideas. Members are responsible for drafting descriptors and objectives, and recommending format and speakers. PRIM&R will supply information to assist with planning (e.g., evaluation data, prior year agendas, Call for Session Proposal ideas, etc.).
3. Discuss sessions on calls
to finalize content.
4. Finalize all content
for inclusion on the agenda.
5. Review requests from PRIM&R staff
leading up to the meeting about speaker recommendations, clarifying content for speakers, etc.
In order to ensure a productive and engaging planning process that is inclusive of all those on the committee and that respects everyone’s time, it is critical members be able to make the time commitment for this opportunity. If you cannot commit to the time indicated, please hold on applying until a future year.
- Attending approximately 10, 90-minute calls between February and early June (members must make 80% of calls)
- Working offline with team members to review materials, create content, and review content (approximately one hour week—some weeks may require more time vs. others)
- Serving as a resource to the PRIM&R staff after content is final to consult on content questions and speaker recommendations.
Criteria for Application, Service Terms, and Benefits
- Applicants must be current PRIM&R members and must maintain an active membership status throughout their appointment.
- Members are asked to serve for one, two year term.
- Members receive a complimentary registration to PRIMR24.
How to Apply
Complete this online application by December 15, 2023
Contact Ann Waterbury
, Conference Program Manager.